TMC Cares is the community outreach part of TMC. We are dedicated to fostering a lifelong commitment of social responsibility in our children. The TMC Cares committee plans two annual events for TMC members during which we collect items for local charities. Throughout the year, we also coordinate the “Kids & Seniors” meet-ups, back pack drive, YWCA Holiday drive for local moms and other small giving projects.
With the support and generosity of our members, TMC Cares has most recently made a difference by providing support to the following organizations:
- Donated nearly 1,000 diapers and 777 ounces of formula to Neighbors in Need
- Purchased 1 cow, 1 sheep, 2 chickens & 12 chicks through Oxfam
- Provided 17 moms and their children at the YWCA holiday gifts
- Coordinated 2 volunteer events at Lowell Wish Project
- Recognized 8 moms at HAWC with Mother’s Day gift bags
- Held 8 “Kids & Seniors” sessions with residents at various Senior Centers
- Collected 6 large boxes of toys, puzzles and books for The Community Giving Tree
- Provided 50 new back packs filled with supplies to children at the YWCA
- Supported the Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress’s annual Buddy Walk
- Raised money for The Mother Connection and collected clothing for those in need by holding a Savers Drive
If you would like to learn more about TMC Cares or attend one of our events, please contact us at TMCcares@themotherconnection.org.